Virgin Australia Strengthens Alliance With HNA & Hong Kong Airlines
Virgin Australia’s alliance with HNA Aviation, Hong Kong Airlines and HK Express has been given the tick of approval by the ACCC.
The first stage of the alliance is already in operation with the benefits including:
- Virgin Australia’s direct 5 x a week services between Melbourne and Hong Kong
- Codeshare connectivity to 11 destinations across Virgin Australia and Hong Kong Airlines networks
- Agreement between Virgin Australia and Hong Kong Airlines for guests travelling from Australia to Hong Kong to easily book onward travel to 10 destinations in mainland China
- A reciprocal partnership that allows members of Velocity Frequent Flyer and Fortune Wings Club to earn points and status credit on eligible routes
Moving into the second phase:
- Virgin Australia are exploring options to introduce new direct flights to China
- The alliance will continue to expand the codeshare to cover more destinations
- It is expected that lounge access, priority check in, priority boarding, additional baggage, and the ability to redeem frequent flyer points will follow soon
We’ll keep you informed of the developments as the airline rolls them out!
To book Business Class flights with Virgin Australia contact our Flat Beds Airfare Consultants.