Virgin Australia Launch Melbourne – LAX
Virgin Australia’s new Melbourne to LA service launched today (with much fanfare).
Operated by the airline’s flagship Boeing 777-300ER, the new service brings Virgin Australia’s award winning The Business business class to the route for the first time.
Key features of Virgin Australia’s ‘The Business’
- 37 individual and private suites that convert into the length of a queen size bed, over 2m long.
- Reverse herringbone cabin layout, in a 1-2-1 configuration, maximising privacy and giving everyone aisle access.
- Multiple table areas prividing ample work space along with generous storage area.
- Turndown bed service with a memory foam mattress toppers and high-grade cotton pillows and doonas.
- Large, 18-inch High Definition touch screen.
- Dedicated Business Class Bar serving tapas and premium drinks, with room for 10 people.
- Fine dining style inflight meal service featuring Luke Mangan-designed menus paired with premium wines available à la carte or Express Dining.
- Cocktail and Canapé Service with a choice of Bellini, Kir Royale or Mimosa along with a Luke Mangan-designed canapé plate.
Virgin Australia threw an American themed party at Melbourne Airport to celebrate the first departure of the flight with a marching band and cupcakes. Passengers on board the flight were served Hershey’s chocolate and budweiser beer, with business class passengers also receiving pumpkin pie.
Guests of the Virgin Melbourne Domestic Lounge this week will be served American style food including hot cakes, bagels, cheese burgers, cob salads, shrimp chowder and Krispy Kreme donuts.
The new flights will depart Melbourne at 11:30am on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday & Sunday, arriving in LAX at 9 am. They return from LAX at 8:55pm every Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday arriving back in Melbourne at 5:45 am.
To book your business class Virgin Australia flights to LA contact your Flat Beds consultant.